Sunday, April 20, 2008

Morning


The morning Sun rises,
From far the early bird chirps,
In the cheery morning sounds,
Peace is just such a bliss.

The cockerel crowed,
With it the whole world awakened,
I opened my eyes,
And smiled at such gorgeous skies!

"Good morning, God!"
Said cheerfully did I,
"Oh God, morning?"
Groaned from the smelly pig sty.

A new day has arisen,
With it new challenges lie,
Tasks to be done,
And dreams to be set fly.
____________________________
Put on your boots then, my friend,
For it's a pretty long hike,
Quick, quick! Move fast we must,
If we want to catch a ride.

"Don't forget your breakfast!"
Mummy was quick to imply,
"Oh well, we'll just grab a toast!"
Was our eager quick reply.

Good morning, Sunshine,
How have you been?
I wish it'll be a good day ahead,
The morning just makes me keen!

Julian Wong

0 comments: